Welcome to the Official Website of
The Second International Interdisciplinary Conference for Young Scholars in Social Sciences and Humanities
We are pleased to inform you that the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Novi Sad, is organising the Second International Interdisciplinary Conference for Young Scholars in Social Sciences and Humanities Contexts which is to be held on 4th and 5th December 2014 within the Faculty’s anniversary programme – celebrating 60 years of successful work. The aim of this Conference is to gather young scholars and professionals (doctoral students) from various areas of social sciences and humanities in order to exchange experiences and ideas, to encourage and promote intercultural and interdisciplinary dialogue and to develop an international network of young scholars. To achieve this, different activities are planned, such as organising a plenary session, round tables, etc., and most importantly, presenting and discussing the results of interdisciplinary research in social sciences and humanities. Since such research requires taking into account different (social and political, psychological, cultural, etc.) contexts, the main topic of the Conference is Contexts, within which there are several sub-topics:
• Relations between Individuals and Groups in Cultural Contexts;
• Forming Individuals and Groups within a Culture (Identity, Interculturalism and Multiculturalism);
• Relations between the Culture and the Social Systems (Education, Creativity, Media);
• Language and Literature as Culture Phenomena;
• Local and Global in the Culture;
• Information and Communication Technologies in Humanities and Social Sciences;
• History and Culture – Contexts and Intertwining;
• Semantics, Culture and Cognition;
• Culture, the Individual, Society;
• Cultural Contexts in Foreign Language Teaching.
The application forms the conference can be completed here. The deadline for application submission is 30th September 2014. The applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
If you are a doctoral student and you have done some reseach in one of the abovementioned fields or they inspire you to do so, we would like to invite you to attend our Conference and thus contribute to its quality.
We welcome the proposals from the following areas of study: language and literature, history, Psychology, Pedagogy, Sociology and Media Studies.
See you in Novi Sad!
The Organising Committee of
The Second International Interdisciplinary
Conference for Young Scholars in Social
Sciences and Humanities Contexts
Faculty of Philosophy
Dr Zorana Djindjica 2